Mobile app localization
One of the strong sides of Lokalise is app localization. To showcase several of our features for mobile platforms, we have released Lokalise Companion App for iOS. The prerequisite for using the app is to have an account in Lokalise.
Live Edit Module in focus
In this version we demonstrate our Live Edit Module. The Module provides live screen context for translators, and pixel-precious real-time text updates — for testers.
Share it with your product managers, copywriters, translators and QA managers as a demo to play with. This is another step on the way to getting the maximum out of Lokalise.
How to use
- Install the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch and follow the instruction from the cards.
Step-by-step instruction — the extract from the app
Just in case somehow you got stuck in the app and would like to check the docs first before writing to us in the in-web support chat. Below we list the exact steps you need after you install the app.
- In the app:
- Welcome screen — click Sign in.
- Login with your Lokalise credentials.
- On your desktop without closing the app on the phone:
- Open Lokalise in your desktop browser and log in.
- Click on the avatar in the upper right corner and choose your team there. If you did not have your own team before it was automatically created once you signed in in the app.
- Open the iOS Sample project.
- In the app — click Next.
- On your desktop — click Live Edit icon and check if a QR code is shown.
- In the app
- Click Continue.
- Shake the phone and you will enter the Debug menu.
- Toggle the Live Edit switch On. A camera is open.
- Point the camera at the QR code and the system will authorize you.
- Live Edit Mode is now on. Open examples.
- Now play with different ways of displaying text on a mobile screen. Change the text and language on the desktop, navigate between screens on the phone. See the immediate results live.
Write to us in the in-web support chat and share any feedback, we are always here waiting to hear from you.